Please join us in playing Pass the Pattern. A little like Pass the Parcel played at kid’s parties, but everyone gets to unwrap the pattern and use it!
Marijana of Sew2Pro wrote about her Style Arc ‘Issey Top’ experience here. The top didn’t seem to be Marijana’s thang, too big, too drapey, but it looked to be an interesting Issey Miyake inspired drape design. I put my hand up – “pick me, pick me” and Marijana sent it in the post all the way from England to Australia. In return I sent a Vogue pattern to Marijana which had been languishing for some years in my pattern vault! Is there anything better than receiving presents in the mail? Yes, sending a much neglected pattern to a friend in the hope they can put it to good use!
We thought you might like to help us keep the Issy pattern travelling around the blogosphere – Pass the Pattern! Please join us, who knows what you’ll do with Issy and when you send the pattern on, what mystery pattern will you receive in return?
So this is how it will work…
- You will need to leave a comment on the Issy post next Wed/Thurs telling me you’d like to play ‘Pass the Pattern’. The names will go into a hat for a random draw and the ‘chosen one’ will be posted the Issy pattern.
- You will be contacted privately for your postal address and the Style Arc Issy pattern will be sent via snail mail to you, no addresses will be published on any blog.
- The recipient of ‘Issy’ should post a mystery pattern to the ‘Issy’ sender in return.
- Grab the blog button and post about your ‘Issy’ make, with photos of course – we’d love to see what you did with this pattern (don’t worry if you don’t have a blog, we can publish for you, just contact either Marijana or I). You’ll need to copy/paste these rules to your post too.
- Send your ‘Issy’ on to a randomly chosen commenter and receive a mystery pattern from them in return.
- Blog about the pattern you received in return for sending Issy onto a new home somewhere in the big wide world.
Here’s the code for the blog button made by Princess, because clearly coding is more fun than homework! Feel free to add it to your blog.
<img src=”//sewniptuck.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/pass-the-pattern-button.jpg” alt=””sewniptuck/” /><div>
and here’s the button
How many times will the Issy pattern be made? How many countries will Issy travel? Can you hack Issy? Marijana and I will try to keep count.
Fine print – The Style Arc Issy Top is a size 12 UK/AUS paper pattern designed for 4 way stretch knits. I sized it up without too much problem. It will need approximately 150cm/1.7yards of fabric 148cm wide.
I’ll be back on Wednesday to show you my Style Arc Issy makes – please help us Pass the Pattern by commenting on that post. Can you hear the post offices of the world clapping their hands in glee?!